Macbook Pro freezes on log in?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have noticed my Macbook Pro freezes on log in.

This only happens when I leave my MBP unattended for a certain amount of time then it automatically logs itself as expected.

The problem is when I get back to my Macbook it freezes and won't let me type or press anything to log back in..

I need a solution to this problem, thank you reading.

Kind regards,
Steven

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This only happens when I leave my MBP unattended for a certain amount of time then it automatically logs itself as expected.

The problem is when I get back to my Macbook it freezes and won't let me type or press anything to log back in..

Kind regards,
Steven

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Merged threads...no need to crosspost. Thanks.

Reaction score
Freezing at log in

Hi guys,

Kind regards,
Sheila:

I see that this question has been asked, and a response is question was merged, but I do not see an answer. I am having the same problem. Any advise?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Tell us about your MacBook Pro. What year and model is it? Also tell us which version of OS X it's running?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro i5, MacPro 6 core intel xeon, Imac i7
Macbook Pro Screen gone black

I was listening some songs on macbook pro 13'. when suddenly it got stuck . I shut down the notebook with the power button, and now when i am trying to restart it, there's a black screen, no start up sound and the light indicator is there but static. besides there's no activity on built-in keybord or any where else.

what should I do now ?

Best
Muneeb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
as above

P.s I am using OSx 10.7 and its late 2011 model.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try starting up your MacBook Pro by holding down the Command and R keys at the same time as soon as you hear the startup sound. (Bong) Let us know what happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello Chscag

Tried doing that but nothing happened. Still the very same black screen and the stagnant white light on the solid body.

Any other way out of that.?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, it sounds like a power supply failure. I'm assuming you've tried to start it up both on battery and when plugged into the AC mains? Do you have access to another MagSafe Adapter Charger? Also, is your 2011 MacBook Pro covered by Apple Care?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well i have tried it with the power supply as well as on the batteries. I even tried with magasafe adapter charger but it did not work either.

yes it is under the warranty .. will go to apple store if cant fix it myself.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it's still under warranty, don't mess with it any longer. Make an appointment with your local Apple store and take it on in. Be sure to take along the MagSafe Charger unit with you when you go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alright thank you very much :) much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.