Adium issue...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PB G4
Hey, I am using aim through adium, and whenever I try to directly connect it doesnt work. I think it might be the firewall.

5190 is the port it says its using or something in the preferences, but I don know really. im attaching a pic of my firewall if that helps.

thanks alot guys

and if you wanna IM me my screen name is rockgardenlove

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It's not the firewall. Direct Connect and File Transfer will not work well with Adium or any third party client. I would suggest iChat for that.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I do know, you can have multiple computers connected on AIM account at the same time without bumping the last computer off the account. That being said, whenever I'm in Adium while using AIM, and I need to send/receive a file, I launch iChat without quiting Adium. Then I can send/recieve the file through iChat, then close out of iChat, when I'm finished. But if you are receiving a file, do accept the file through iChat and ignore the prompt window for Adium to receive the file.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PB G4
I guess that works then...too bad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.