Help with World of Warcraft lag issue

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have an early 2008 iMac 20 inch with 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2GB memory. I have been playing WOW for over a year now and have had no problems.

Recently I have had trouble with my iMac making a noise when I play. There is also lag in the game to the point where it is virtually unplayable. The latency is 182ms in game. I don't have anything else running in the background except for the Mac Keeper program.

It also seems to be mainly in the mornings when I play on the weekends that this occurs. I have not had it happen during the evenings and the noise continues after I have shut down the game out of frustration!

Any advice on what to do or how I can isolate the source of the problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums

What kind of noise are we talking about here? Something from the speakers or from the computer itself?

- Simon

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi Simon,
It's a whirring noise - maybe a fan or a busy computer kind of noise, if that makes sense! It's basically the noise that the mac makes all the time in the background, but just moderately louder. Thanks!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.