• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

utorrent movies

Reaction score
ok so i downloaded some movies from utorrent the other day. I formatted the ex hd to fat 32. It playes just fine on my iMac using miro (video playback program) But now the ps3 and blue-ray player dont want to playback the movies. Does anyone have any insight on this matter?O:)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What format are they in?

OP
F
Reaction score
Well the ex hd runs fine on imac. I have another that is formatted on the fat32 form. The main one (1tb) is formatted on the MAC extend journal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Aren't we forgetting this:
Respect copyrights and the law.
Don’t discuss or conduct content theft or any other illegal activity. Period. We follow U.S. law on the forums, so just because something might be legal in your country doesn’t mean it will be allowed here. If you’re ever in doubt, contact one of the moderators before you post.

- Simon

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well the ex hd runs fine on imac. I have another that is formatted on the fat32 form. The main one (1tb) is formatted on the MAC extend journal

That would be the filesystem the drive is using. I'm referring to the format of the files themselves. It would help if you could at least share the file names with us by clicking on the file (once), pressing Command + I, and reporting back what it says here:

2011-05-14_1856.png

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
SORRY . The movies are in an avi format.

Unfortunately, that doesn't tell us a whole lot, since AVI is just a container that can be used for a number of difference video formats. Usually the file name will tell you a bit more about the format of the video.

OP
F
Reaction score
Sorry that I'm not much help. I'm not anywhere near my mac. But I thank very much for your time. If I may email at a later time it would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy your night. Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.