Mac turns back on

Reaction score
Hi. I just got a iMac OS X recently.
When I use Option-Command-Eject to put the computer to sleep, it sometimes comes back on. If anyone could please explain what's happening, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi. I just got a iMac OS X recently.
When I use Option-Command-Eject to put the computer to sleep, it sometimes comes back on. If anyone could please explain what's happening, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

What happens if you use the "Sleep" command from the drop down menu's?

- Nick

OP
F
Reaction score
Doesn't do it. If I use the drop-down menu, so far, it won't come back on. Only when I use the hotkey.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Doesn't do it. If I use the drop-down menu, so far, it won't come back on. Only when I use the hotkey.

I guess that the only other thing I can mention is...when you've used the keyboard hot keys before (and your iMac comes back on)...are you sure that you didn't:

- bump the keyboard
- bump the mouse
- or bump the table that the iMac is on while it's asleep

Any of these things could cause the computer to wake up.

Also (just curious)...how come you use a three-key command to sleep the computer. Isn't it easier to select "Sleep" from the drop-down menu? As I said...just curious. Seems easier (to me) to use the mouse...but I know "different strokes for different folks".;)

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.