Help with apple mail set up

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been using Apple Mail with my school (UCLA) email address for the past few years. For some reason though, Apple Mail will no longer connect to the UCLA servers. I have tried to delete and auto set up the account, both as POP and IMAP, and restored old settings that I had previously, however I can't seem to get it to work.

I contacted the UCLA help, and they told me that my outgoing server had to be using port 25, and that I needed to use port 993 for IMAP and port 995 for POP, and that SSL is required. I have tried all these and none will work.

I can set up the account and have it working fine on both my iPhone and iPad - both of which auto detected the ports I mentioned above, and they work, but my computer Apple Mail doesn't.

I do have a Gmail account that is on my Apple Mail on my computer that works fine, so its not like the whole app is bugged.

Any suggestions? I honestly just don't know what else to try.

Thanks!

Also...I have been unable to connect to UCLA's VPN recently... I've done it in the past with a Cisco VPN app, but that no longer works. I also tried setting up a VPN through the mac Network settings, but that one won't connect either. Maybe related?

OP
J
Reaction score
Never mind! Apparently my IP got blocked by the UCLA servers, problem now solved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.