HELP MAC OS X Experts

Reaction score
Ok Guys and Gals here is the issue:

Have an application that I installed. It went out on the internet and installed updates. I would like to re-install a "fresh" copy prior to the update but when I run the pkg installer it detects it as already installed and that it needs an update.

I have used appzapper and such to remove any traces of the program it could find. I have also removed the MAC from the network in case it was receiving update notifications from the source during the install.

Where is it getting the information from that the app was previously installed with an older version. It also never asks me to install my Serial number again either, using the old one I installed originally.

I liked the previous version before the update and would like to reinstall it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Grab EasyFind. This will scour your hard drive for search terms that you specify. Start with the name of the app. If it has multiple words to it, try searching first without a space, then with a space between the words. Also search by the developer's name. See if that gets you any hits.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.