Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" PB G4 1.67GHz DL
lol, I wonder if ppl. fall for this BS.

read the whole ****, it's a good laugh..lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
that is funny. i think someone was trying this earlier this year.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I think it's Bill Gates doing it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
ah hahahaha, i feel sorry for the poor sucker that buy's it .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
for just a plane iBook, this guy makes up a bunch of crap about it being fast then people flock to it... and if he really had this ability to make a computer that fast why didn't he do it with a powerbook... start off with a faster computer and you will have a faster computer.

Reaction score
It has an upgraded HD and optical drive, thats not worth almost $1000, its worth maybe $300. He knows he is ripping people off, notice: user id kept private.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
mynameis said:
It has an upgraded HD and optical drive, thats not worth almost $1000, its worth maybe $300. He knows he is ripping people off, notice: user id kept private.
That's the high bidder who is kept private. But yeah, this guy is a crock of scheisse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
i want it :D (lol)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
11x faster than any desktop G4/G5... yet somehow it runs safely with the lid closed.

Got to get me some of that! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
This is why I no longer buy off ebay.

Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:
That's the high bidder who is kept private..

Yeah, he doesn't want people e-mailing the high bidder and telling them they are getting ripped off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
mynameis said:
Yeah, he doesn't want people e-mailing the high bidder and telling them they are getting ripped off.
There are still ways to let people know they are being scammed. All one has to do is use the "ask the seller a question"...and then type in your warning, you don't really have to ask a question. It will automatically get posted in the listing, since that is one of the more recent improvements to eBay.

S

sursuciofla

I have seen that same guy selling that type for months and people continue to buy. If people are dumb enough to buy that then that's their problem. If they can't do their own research or ask questions about it that is their problem too. If they are dumb enough to buy that 12" overpriced ibook rather than a sweet powerbook for the same price and way better specs then hey, they deserve to get robbed. This is America and that's how it goes here. If you don't watch out for yourself you will get taken advantage of.

L

lil

Until now I have to say I never even knew a 2.5" 40GB 7200rpm hard drive existed.

I know of the 7200rpm 60gig 2.5" drives (such as the Hitachi 7K60 Travelstar) but not 40gb...

Still amusing bull dung on that eBay listing. No wonder people in my trade (sales, Apple sales...) get a bad name with jerks like that pushing out such crud. Still, anyone who doesn't check Apple out for a reference price first and blindly bids on eBay is stupid or has money to burn and they don't care.

And as said, fitting a superdrive into an iBook 12" or old 14" combo model or indeed 12/15" P'Book combo model isn't difficult, it is just fiddly. Just sourcing the slot loading mechanism and that's half the game won.

Vicky

Reaction score
If people are stupid enough to go for this without doing a little research, then too bad for them.

ed724

Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:
There are still ways to let people know they are being scammed. All one has to do is use the "ask the seller a question"...and then type in your warning, you don't really have to ask a question. It will automatically get posted in the listing, since that is one of the more recent improvements to eBay.

Those questions don't get automatically posted, the seller has to answer then and there is an option for displaying on listing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz 12" iBook; iMac G3 333Mhz; Use Dual 2Ghz PM G5's
If he can get people to buy them for 1000 bucks too much, good for him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz 12" iBook; iMac G3 333Mhz; Use Dual 2Ghz PM G5's
And no negitave feedback? He's good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.