iPhoto Help needed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 iMac 27" Intel i5 Processor, 16Gb RAM, 10TB HD (9TB External) , 2 x iPhone 5, 2 x iPad Retina
Hi,

I have a network drive (Western Digital My Book World edition 2 - 1TB) and I store all my digital photo's on this drive. I realised that iphoto was importing the images to my iMac but I want to keep the files on the network drive but still import them to iphoto. How do I achieve this as I don't want all my photos stored on the iMac itself as well as or instead of the network drive.

Welshred

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
Open up iPhoto,
Go to Preferences and click the advanced tab, then uncheck the tick box that says:
"Copy items to iPhoto Library"

Hope this helps
Zigdog

OP
welshred
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 iMac 27" Intel i5 Processor, 16Gb RAM, 10TB HD (9TB External) , 2 x iPhone 5, 2 x iPad Retina
Hi Zigdog,

Cheers for that, I am new to Mac (as you probably guessed) with simple issues like this but having been a PC (Windows) user for 15 years and never used a mac I am glad to have made the switch even if some old (PC) habits are hard to remove.

welshred

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
No worries,

Glad that I could help. I made the switch about 2 years ago and had endless questions about mac, so it's nice to be able to share what it took me many painful hours to figure out.

Zigdog

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.