dvd tray opens when mac boots

Reaction score
Ok this is a silly little problem and at the end of the day it really doesn't matter but I can't work out why its hapening...
Every time I boot up my dual 2.3 power mac the superdrive tray opens. It happens just as the initial apple logo is displayed on screen. The mac boots and runs fine. After about 5 mins the dvd closes again.
Anyone got any idea at all why this is happening?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

For starters, is it possible your mouse is jamming and causing this? Try a reboot of your G5 with the keyboard and mouse not connected and see if the problem continues. Also anything connected via USB on bootup other than keyboard and mouse?

OP
T
Reaction score
OK I have tracked it down to the keyboard. Boots fine with kb disconnected but tray opens when kb is plugged in at boot.
I use a Logitec Illuminated keyboard (pc) but it all seems to be fine with no stuck keys or anything.
No mac drivers or software available for this as its a pc keyboard and I am sure it never used to do this but at least I know what's causing it now!

OP
T
Reaction score
Logitech website says macs not supported with the illuminated keyboard but tried the software anyway. Sadly it says "no logitech device found"!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OP
T
Reaction score
All the links above point to the same software which doesn't support the keyboard!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.