iPod Touch won't connect to internet

Reaction score
Hi all - I just bought a new Belkin wireless router in my home, and my iPod seems to see it - and I entered the password, and am getting the bars indicating it's working - but when I try to go to Safari, it's not connected.

I have tried to "renew the lease" - and tried restarting ipod etc. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

DD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
Had a quick read on the internet and it seems that the general consensus with this problem is to reset the device and then try.

Hope it works out for you!
Zigdog

OP
D
Reaction score
Fixed- thanks!

Hi Zigdog - thanks, I did that a couple more times and eventually it worked again. Not really sure what I did different, but hey it works. Thanks!

This is a slightly related question (for you or anyone else):

The modem I bought is "dual-band" which apparently means it beams off two wireless signals at once. My computer can detect both these signals separately, but the iPod only picks up one. Is there a certain limit to what kind of signal/frequency the iPod touch can pick up on?

Thanks again,

DD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
Dual-band routers transmit on the 2.4GHz and (the newer) 5GHz frequencies simultaneously. 2.4GHz is the more widely used frequency and this is the one that is supported by the (4th generation) ipod touch. It sounds like this is the case with you router, you computer picks up both, but your iPod only supports the 2.4GHz.

Further reading:
Are dual-band routers must-haves? | Crave - CNET
iPod Spec

Hope this explains it,
Zigdog

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.