mac pro that'll create 3d movie!

Reaction score
I want to build a dual screen desktop mac pro, that will not lag when using software like a drawing pen or highly detailed 3d animation modeler or animator.
This challenge should be fun for whom ever wants to help me tackle this mac build. I need it to be able to run both graphic design programs like photoshop, flash, and illustrator; as well as movie making softwares, and the high end 3d and animation programs like maya and other mac programs.. I could probably go to Apple - Mac Pro - Now up to 12 cores of processing power. and pick all the most expensive parts, but then it'd be crazy expensive!
I need someone to tell me what I need and don't need to keep the price lower, but at same time not skimping on the parts (power) that will help me meet my criteria. Please help!, if you cold go to this link, ( Apple - Mac Pro - Now up to 12 cores of processing power. ). Then set it up using the websites' options to build this dream computer and take a screenshot or copy the list, of the results and post it, so i'll have a idea of what's needed and the price... ehh... srry 4 the run ons...
Also if you know of alternate parts from other websites that are just as good but cheeper price, let me know, with a simple comparison. As far as the 3d programs, comments are welcome, but I can probably do my own research into them. I'm completely lost on the build!!! :Confused: I think this would be a good review that'll give others a good idea when it comes to the build.. p.s. I'm an artist whose ready to do a full length 3d movie!

If there's a good write up, point me there! Thanx all!

Ulthraun

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Don't support hackintoshes here alas!

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

lots of info on parts and system building^

Hackintosh - no no. you want a Mac Pro, get a Mac Pro. your looking at instability & driver issues anyway by going down this route. you could always use Windows, if you want to build your own system from scratch.

FWIW, all the of the Mac Pros are crazy fast. have a look at our recent benchmarking thread, and notice how Mac Pros from 2006-7 are beating the likes of 2008-10 standard Macs.

OP
U
Reaction score
im new so i dont mean to insult any. I'm fine buying new, in fact i want new, cause my mac i have now is is about 11 years old, and it's tooooo slow! I think I'll try to find a 2009, but i'm a complete stumped when it comes to understanding to updating it for 3d performance. I just want to know the basic parts to do all the things i want, like how much processing power, graphics card, solid-state drives, and ect. I'm probably having wishful thinking that anyone going to list these things out for more, and even then that id be able to put 'er together. so any help appreciated, I'll probably have to look for system requirements on maya and softwares, and figure it out myself. thanks for the suggestions. coolcool

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
you cant build a Mac Pro. you have to buy one. you select the parts, Apple put it together, you buy it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.