USB Gamepad not working in OS X

Reaction score
I am trying to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare in OS X 10.5.8 with a new Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Analog 3 Gamepad. But i cannot get the gamepad to work at all. It has Mac compatible plastered all over the box and says 'Plug & Play' but this is far from the case.

Anybody with a remedy for this would be much appreciated.

thrustmaster-firestorm-dual-analog-3-gamepad-sl3362932912316.jpg

I have tried Gamepad Companion 2.4 (Trial) but this doesn't seem to help either, unless i'm doing something wrong. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Unless the gamepad is defective, then most likely it will only work in-game if the game specifically supports it. The GamePad Companion driver is near-useless, sorry to say. But fear not! What you need is ControllerMate.This app will let you very precisely tune any USB device to work to your liking. In your case, you will be assigning buttons to the keyboard or mouse equivalents, but you can tweak the sensitivity, delays, repeat rates, etc. It has a bit of a learning curve, so plan to spend some time with the tutorials. Also… here's a brief page from them on Thrustmaster compatibility:
ControllerMate :: Thrustmaster Compatibility

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.