iMac Virgin!

Reaction score
Hello

I have used pc's now for many years and I know them nearly inside out due to lots of rubbish, viruses, trojans - I am a complete demon on how to re-format windows! ;D

So, today I am taking delivery of my new iMac, excited is not really the word!

Just a couple of points, sure there will be more at a later stage!

1. I use my pc for my business of manufacturing, I have a very simple invoice system at the moment that will not run on a mac, but I have found a very simple on called Express Invoice and would like to know if anyone has used this please?

2. I am a little confused about Microsoft Office, I have of course many things saved in Excel form and I would like to transfer over to my iMac but I really dont want to pay £200+ for Microsoft Office on mac as I dont have lots of Office documents - our order form is .xls - question is, I have been looking at Open Office, will this do the trick of viewing, amending and saving MSO files?

I think thats the only 2 questions I have at the moment and like I have said I am bound to have more, so thanks in advance. :)

Tracy

C

chas_m

I can answer your second question: yes, OpenOffice (or NeoOffice or LibreOffice, all essentially the same suite) can do this. So can Numbers, but that might be a bit much to wrap your head around.

As for your invoice system, there are lots of options on Mac. I use a program called Billings that I like a lot, a combo time-sheet, report and invoicing program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
For Excel sheets, however, if you have special functions or use anything that is Microsoft Excel specific, there is a VERY good chance it will not open correctly in one of the other apps, or the file will get corrupted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.