force MBP to start in Mac Os (not in windows)

Reaction score
Hey,

I've tried to install windows xp on my MBP, and this did not work.
(only Windows 7 and vista work on MBP)

Problem is i've devided my Hard disk in 2 parts. (200Gb windows, 240Gb mac)

When i restart my computer it always opens in windows. And i want to detele this partition but i dont know how.

I've tried the X-, option-, alt-button during the restart of the PC but this doesnt work either.

When i right click on 'my computer', take 'control' you can choose control patitions. I see one partition (240Gb; so my MBP) but it says: unknown partition so i cant mark this as primary.

Hope someone can help me out :'(
Need a fast solution because i can't use my Computer atm.

THX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums amaryllida

First off just to clear things up you can install Windows XP but there are rules to this, you need a retail copy of XP and it has to include Service Pack 2 or higher.

OK to boot into your mac side turn on your MBP and hold the "alt" button just after you hear the chime until you are met with a menu where you can choose to boot into OSX.
Once booted into OSX you can then navigate to Applications > Utilities > Boot Camp in Boot Camp you can then delete the Boot Camp partition and have all the space back for your OSX partition.

Hope this helps

- Simon

OP
A
Reaction score
Welcome to Mac-Forums amaryllida

First off just to clear things up you can install Windows XP but there are rules to this, you need a retail copy of XP and it has to include Service Pack 2 or higher.

OK to boot into your mac side turn on your MBP and hold the "alt" button just after you hear the chime until you are met with a menu where you can choose to boot into OSX.
Once booted into OSX you can then navigate to Applications > Utilities > Boot Camp in Boot Camp you can then delete the Boot Camp partition and have all the space back for your OSX partition.

Hope this helps

- Simon

WOW just found this out myself ^^ the last option i had.
Thanks anyway for your very fast reply.

I have an original CD of WinXP but it's one from 2002 so it has SP 1. I couldn't install SP2 or 3 on the MBP (always an error :s) so i was really desperate.

After hours looking on internet finaly found it ^^

like you said:
insert your original OSX cd, press C during reboot and it's fixed ^^

thx again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
No problem at all, i'm just glad you got it sorted out :)

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.