Internet doesn't work on Bootcamp but it works on my mac?

Reaction score
So I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.8 and I'm not sure about my windows side of the computer.

My internet works on my mac fine but, it doesn't work on my windows side and the bar is red. I've tried running repairing it, installing a new network, and messing around with the setting a bit.

To go along with that when I tried to add (re-add) the network it told me that it didn't have something and to go onto the windows site for more help (Stupid right since I can't get on the internet anyways :p )

Anyways is there something I'm doing wrong, I did mess around with some files a little while ago but none of the important ones, just some stuff I downloaded.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you insert your Leopard disk while Windows was running? You need to do that in order to install drivers. Without drivers you will be unable to access the internet.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Can you tell us a bit more about how your computer connects to the Internet? I would guess you're using a wireless connection to a router, but you weren't entirely clear on that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Also, what's changed ? Windows updates perhaps.

Roll back any network driver updates if the option is available in device manager.

Reaction score
no internet on bootcamp windows

hi there , I have the same problem as U have.
i installed all drivers from osx cd when running windows, everytihing fine.
and it says internet connectet but not at all.
it seems like there is no ip adress given. invalid ip address it says.
if you get the answer pls tell me. i just began on my new mbp and it never worked on windows bootcamp...
brgds mike n , denmark

OP
M
Reaction score
Error Message when trying to add a new network

When I was using the set up wizard for my wireless network on bootcamp I got the error message that said the following:

Depending on the wireless software running on this computer, the wireless setup wizard might not work. For details see article 97112 in the Microsoft knowledge base of Microsoft.com

I already checked the article and tried to fix it and the self fix it part did not work and the automatic fix it part said it did not work on the "operating system or application version"

I can not get the set up to work and therefore have no internet connections available. I used to have the internet connections before, I'm not quite sure what happened.

What should I do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not start a new thread! Always post back to the same thread if it involves the same subject. Starting a new thread causes confusion. Your posts have been merged into this thread.

Thanks for understanding.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.