Burning a disk containing mp3's

Reaction score
Is it possible to burn a disk with music downloaded on itunes in a mp3 format.

Thanks

OP
B
Reaction score
See the 2nd last line of the attachment. Songs downloaded from itunes are not burned as mp3's.

I want to burn a cd of mp3's from songs legally downloaded from the itunes store. Is this not possible.

My car radio plays mp3 cd's and I want play the songs downloaded without connecting up an ipod.

Please advise.

C

chas_m

Sure it's possible. You just need to convert the songs to MP3 format first (that's what that line in the iTunes help is saying: songs from the iTunes store aren't in MP3 format).

You can do this within iTunes:

1. In iTunes' Preferences, change "Import Settings" to "MP3."

2. Now select a song in your iTunes Library.

3. Under Advanced, you will now see "Create MP3 version." This will make an MP3 COPY of the song. Delete the "original" if so inclined.

4. Repeat for each non-MP3 song you want to use.

5. Realize after a while that it is really really much easier to just hook up the iPod to the car stereo than to keep burning MP3 CDs, since converting non-MP3 songs to MP3s is tedious and redundant.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks that's what I needed just wish there was a simpler way like making a wav disk.

Thanks again

OP
B
Reaction score
When trying the above /I get the following error message.

"Song" could not be converted because protected files cannot be converted to other formats.

Surely there is a legal way to play songs I have bought from apple using cd disks.

Please advise

Thanks

OP
B
Reaction score
Some of the songs said converting but I dont know where itunes put the mp3 version. it did not give me an option to delete original.

Reaction score
If you burn a cd of protected songs and then re-import them, you should be able to do whatever you want with them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.