Adobe Photoshop CS2

Reaction score
Anyone have a training disk for sale or a site that provides it free?

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
Another question.
I have been teaching myself with PS Elements before I buy the CS2 disk, They are asking 599.00 for it, but they also have a savings coupon to bring it down to 299.00
Are they coming out with something different is that why the 300.00 savings? Should I wait and see or just get the upgrade?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
As far as I know, Photoshop CS2 is the latest out there, and wont be replaced anytime soon.

L

lil

JGruber said:
As far as I know, Photoshop CS2 is the latest out there, and wont be replaced anytime soon.

Photoshop CS2 is a solid buy and Adobe here in the UK have kick started their CS2 tour here in the UK (they are coming to where I work, but I am working so cannot attend the seminars) so they are not going to be releasing CS3 / v10 anytime soon.

That said, I still use Photoshop 7 as I find the improvements in CS and CS2 are not things I personally require, and I don't have the money to upgrade just yet.
(Having just purchased a new 12" Powerbook which is sadly already in for repair due to a failed hard drive, that said, these things happen)

I certainly find Photoshop 7 and Painter IX simply wonderful mind, so get CS2 and love it, it's fab mature application.

Vicky

S

sursuciofla

iNAP said:
Another question.
I have been teaching myself with PS Elements before I buy the CS2 disk, They are asking 599.00 for it, but they also have a savings coupon to bring it down to 299.00
Are they coming out with something different is that why the 300.00 savings? Should I wait and see or just get the upgrade?

CS2 just came out about 4 months ago. The next update at best will be out around April/May of next year. It's a safe buy.

S

sursuciofla

iNAP said:
Another question.

Hey iNap I have a CS2 tryout disc that my Supervisor gave to me at a meeting. Since I don't have any use for it since I own CS2 I can send you that for free and maybe that will be a big help to you in seeing if it is what you want. Just PM me if interested. It is Mac compatible and a 30-day trial of the Suite. I may be nice and eat the shipping cost depending on how much it is. Since I am a poor student I just have to watch my pennies but if it isn't too much I don't mind. Just PM me like I said and you can let me know and give me your info if so.

S

sursuciofla

sursuciofla said:
Hey iNap I have a CS2 tryout disc that my Supervisor gave to me at a meeting. Since I don't have any use for it since I own CS2 I can send you that for free and maybe that will be a big help to you in seeing if it is what you want. Just PM me if interested. It is Mac compatible and a 30-day trial of the Suite. I may be nice and eat the shipping cost depending on how much it is. Since I am a poor student I just have to watch my pennies but if it isn't too much I don't mind. Just PM me like I said and you can let me know and give me your info if so.

First dibs to iNap but if anyone else is interested in this 30-day CS2 trial DVD then message me and I'll put you on a ruinning list. I really just want to get rid of it. It can really help someone interested in the program but since I have it of course I really have no use for it. It is a trial of the Premium version of CS2 which I have.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
sursuciofla said:
Wow thats very nice of you, I already downloaded the tryout version and ordered the CS2 program. it's on the way .Thanks anyway though. I'm hooked ,big time, just went out and bought a book on PS to teach myself.I'm trying to learn this layers stuff.It is not something that is learned overnight. ;)

U

undergroundlabs

I have the Adobe Creative Suite CS and am having major issues with Photo Shop.
It seems I cannot open or create "any" files.
I get an error that says "Cannot open file due to program error"

I have read some other forums and advice around but none of the suggestions work, even the one on the Adobe website.

i seems that the OS (10.4.2) according to what I have read has issues with the Adobe PhotoShop software.

Is anyone else having these issues and does any one have any advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
have you tried to re-install CS?
Im using CS2 on my Mac and I dont have any problems at all.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
undergroundlabs said:
I have the Adobe Creative Suite CS and am having major issues with Photo Shop.
It seems I cannot open or create "any" files.
I get an error that says "Cannot open file due to program error"

I have read some other forums and advice around but none of the suggestions work, even the one on the Adobe website.

i seems that the OS (10.4.2) according to what I have read has issues with the Adobe PhotoShop software.

Is anyone else having these issues and does any one have any advice?
Only thing I can think of is run disk utilities (repair disk) Seems to be a fixall lately ;)

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
Another question. How the heck do you delete a file in CS2?............for the life of me, I can not find a way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
delete a file? can you be more specific?

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
I have a couple of pictures I want to delete but the option isnt there I saved them accidently in PS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You cant just drag it to the trash?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There should be a option to 'clean recent history' or something like that.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
I saw that but that didn't work...........I gotta be missing something

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
OK, another question How do I clean up the edges on this When I make it more sharp it just increases the grayed edges,any ideas? (the edges of the center symbol) if you look close you'll see where I mean.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.