S
Reaction score
Hello all,

I will try and keep this concise.

My system:

iMac
1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I have looked on numerous forums including Apple's Logic Pro section, but have yet to find a solution to the error message I get when I am trying to install

Pro Application Support 4.0.

The error message I receive is "You cannot install Pro App Support on this volume. There was an error while evaluating Javascript for the package".

I am trying to install on my mac's HD.

I did not have Safari installed, as I was under the impression from this and other forums that this might be contributing to the problem. However, I installed Safari after a reply on another forum and I still encounter the same error message. So, with or without Safari the problem still exists.

I have Java Version 1.5.0._19

I have done software update about 4 times in the last days to see if any were needed for Java, but none showed up.

The reason I would like to install Pro App is because Logic Pro 8 doesn't seem to work unless I have this installed.

I would seriously appreciate any assistance in resolving this problem, as it's been 2 days now with no joy

Thanks,

SMMUK.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Merged threads.

Java is not the same as Javascript despite having similar names. Regardless, make sure Logic is up to date. This error could have been fixed in a newer update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.