Memory stick

Reaction score
I transferred a microsoft windows Access database plus other files on to a memory stick with the intention of reading it on my IMAC 10,5,8 using bootcamp sometime in the future, but when I insert the memory stick into the Mac all items show up on the Mac highlighted in dark print but NOT the Access Database, which is shown but not highlighted. There doesn't seem to be a way to read it.
I tried using Home » LibreOffice by dragging the database into it with no luck. Any suggestions please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Are you booting into Windows on your Mac? If it is a file created in Windows, you'll need to open it in Windows.

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi MYmacROX, Thanks for the quick reply. No, I am still looking for a Windows Installation Disc with SP2 installed, to run Bootcamp but I can insert the memory stick into my IMAC usb port and it will display from the disc image all the files it contains EXCEPT the Database Folder
which looks like this
M SHIP 2010.mdb preceded by a dark grey folder icon. The grey folder displays the word 'EXEC' on it so it appears that my Mac doesn't like something. I tried to drag the grey folder into this free website which is supposed to be able to read Microsoft Access Databases but it would not accept it ( Home » LibreOffice ) I know the problem will disappear if and when I get Bootcamp but I guess I am too impatient ! There must be something about putting a database on to a memory stick.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.20f4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.