E-Mail Clients (For Mac)

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I currently use Mac Mail (Default mail client) for all my E-Mail requirements but am now finding myself thinking that it's a little too basic.

Can anyone let me know if they know of any simple but powerful E-Mail clients as an alternative. What are your thoughts on the MailForge mail client?

Any help would be great.

Cheers guys.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have never used the MailForge mail client so can't comment. However, you might want to give the free Thunderbird Mail app a try. It also includes a very nice NNTP news reader and has many more features than Apple Mail.

Download from the Mozilla site here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Another vote for Thunderbird. Been using it since the beta days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Hi Guys

I currently use Mac Mail (Default mail client) for all my E-Mail requirements but am now finding myself thinking that it's a little too basic.

Can anyone let me know if they know of any simple but powerful E-Mail clients as an alternative. What are your thoughts on the MailForge mail client?

Any help would be great.

Cheers guys.

Well how about you tell us what you feel is "too basic" about Mail and that may help us give you a better idea of alternatives. Right now, it's hard to know what's best since we don't know what your needs are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I'm with you on the Mail thing - put simply, I don't like it. I use it as and when necessary.

Despite its age, and the associated criticisms of it, I'm a great fan of Eudora (6.2.4), and have installed it on my Intel Mac Mini, where it operates just fine via Rosetta.

If I was forced to make a change, I'd probably go the way of Thunderbird.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Mail does everything I have ever needed it to do including Rules and smart folders. I have nothing against Thunderbird or Eudora for that matter (Eudora was the first email client I used many years ago), but I see nothing wrong with Mail at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.