is my connection safe?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
i live with 3 other flatmates and we are all sharing the same internet connection. I have a pc and an Ibook. And i definitely share my files between
both computers.

ONe quick question: can my flatmates also access to my files?(because i made my pc hd as a shared folder)
HOw can i make my windows files only accessible to my mac only and vice versa.

And i also realised that when i browse my windows files from my ibook, i prompted to enter my ibook username and password. Shouldn't it prompt me to enter my windows password instead?....i find it quite strange.

Reaction score
Your shared files should be ok as long as the share is password protected. Is the pc password the same as your ibook?

ed724

OP
chouk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
well, t i've never been prompted to use my windows account at all....
And i'm not even sure if i even have a pc password.

M

Merlinblack

I've noticed that myself when I access my PC from my mac.

However I don't have a password at all on my windows machine and the share isn't set up with any sort of security on it. I'd suggest looking at the security on your windows share, that is where the security hole will be if there is one.

I usually find it easier just to push the files to my mac using windows. I don't know why but i do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.