Help required on the terminal

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I didn't wrote in english for many years... I hope you will understand my terrible language

I have a macbook pro 15' with snow leopard.
I connected a mini-jack headphones in it in the usual port and the mini-jack went broken in the hole. I have to bring my mac to the technique support to fix this. (they have to open the whole stuff and change the sound card because the broken piece cannot be taken out)

Now my computer thinks that I have headphones connected. It want not give me sound over the normal speakers.

My question on the terminal is the following:

I'm wondering if there would be terminal command to have the sound given by the speakers with "headphones" connetced, because I didn't found anything in the prefs to do this?

Thank you,

OP
H
Reaction score
Thank you for the fast reply and for the link.

My problem is that there is only a very small part of the plug that is stucked at the very end of the jack.

It is too far away to glue it or do something like that...
The technician couldn't do it either.

My problem is that I habe to finish a music job (i'm musician). And only after that I will be able to give my computer to fix this...
So temporary terminal solution would be great for me...

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Do you think it will do that while the hardware is forcing the software to think that there is a device in there.... being a 15" with separate input/output?

I thought of apps like this for the 13", but the 15" got me wondering.

Now I got thinking a bit more, and I think 13" or 15" it should work. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Bummer.... Ok, only other option I can think of is getting to a jeweller ASAP who may be able to get it out.
Otherwise, getting your hands on a friend's Mac if you can (just to work on your project).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.