Fans wont execeed 3600 RPMS

GHS

Reaction score
For about two weeks my mac has not been able to but its fans up by 3600, when normally it would be 5000 rpms for my ODD and HDD. I restarted my SMC but that didn't do anything.

My thinking for this is i use an application (SMCfancontrol) that allows me to increases the fan speed and check the temperature of all my drives. It was pretty good for a while until this happened
when i restarted my computer and run the SMC reset command
Nothing changed. I let the SMC's native system kick in instead of
SMCfancontrol and it only stayed at 800 rmps for ODD and HDD
and 600rpms for my CPU

Help would be appreciated

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Remove (uninstall) SMCFanControl and then reset the SMC. Let's see if the fans return to normal RPM at idle temperatures.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
What Mac are we talking about? I don't think SMCFanControl even works on the new iMacs yet.

OP
G

GHS

Reaction score
once i remove SMCfancontrol it stays at the minimum 800 rpms and doesnt change at all :\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.