Heres a tough one for u guys to try and figure out...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.5GHz i5, MBP 15" intel core 2.16GHz, MBP 13" intel core duo, iPhone, iPad2
So my hard drive went bad on my pre-2008 macbook pro so I ordered a new one of amazon and installed it. The problem is that the cd-rom drive is broken on the macbook pro that I got not that it would have mattered because I lost my original cds that came with. What I got to work with is an external hd with a snow leopard image on a partition and a imac. any idea how I can get my macbook pro to work again?

so far ive tried booting holding 'option' then 'd' then 't'

Thanks!

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.5GHz i5, MBP 15" intel core 2.16GHz, MBP 13" intel core duo, iPhone, iPad2
thanks for your help. It worked =)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Glad to hear you got your MBP up and running!

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks! im real happy about it too. After replacing the hard drive my MBP stopped freezing, dont got weird pixels on my screen and I got tons more memory! Would recommend changing the HD to everyone with an older MBP though u guys probably know better than me already....

SO the recent fix has restored my faith in my old trusty MBP. Thinking of replacing the super drive. as of now I got a broken GWA-4080M in it but was thinking of upgrading it to one that has a DL capabilities... dunno if this makes sense but would my motherboard recognize a newer super drive or should i stick to getting the same model super drive?

Also would i be able to replace my LCD with one from a newer model of the old MBPs like the 2008s?

MBP (2006 model) 15 inch 2ghz 2gb RAM 500gb HD...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.