• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Does your worst birthday measure up to mine?

Reaction score
I won't make this to long. Yesterday was my birthday and it was my worse birthday ever. Started with me feeling at 35 years old I thought I would be farther in life than I am but this happens every year so it wasn't a big deal. Then at about noon I got in an argument with my supervisor which made his boss pull us both in the office and say either they fire me or he is quiting. His boss backed me up and told him I didn't do anything wrong and it ended after about an hour with neither of us quiting or getting fired and apologized when we were done. About 1:30pm I notice that all my contacts are gone as well as my emails from my new iPhone I bought a week before. I call apple talk to AppleCare as well as mobile me with no resolution. 7pm I show up to my house wash my hands and go to turn on my Mac so to try and resync my contacts and emails but ITS GONE! Yep that's right I was robbed they got my Mac my iPad 2 and a camera. Well atleast I new why my emails and contacts were gone :( I pretty much new it was my neighbors kids across the hall that stole my stuff I talked to the dad then called the police. Before the police arrived they brought the Mac from there apartment about and hour later I got the camera then at mid night I received my iPad. I didn't get my charger for my iPhone back which they took because they thought it was the iPad charger but I can replace that. I didn't lose my contacts and emails and that really sucks man. Anyhow so have u had a bday that sucked worse than mine? I'm doing much better today.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Wholly smokes...I was actually going to say that you had a pretty exciting day (certainly not the regular...**-hum sort of day just like any other)...but then I read that you got robbed!!! And even though you got most of your stuff back...the invasion of privacy would have to be a concern!!

I'm glad to hear that you got most of your stuff back...but it sounds like to me (if possible)...you should be looking for a new place to live ASAP!!!

In any case...Happy 35th!!!:):)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Man.... I don't know what to say.
I'd like to have some words of wisdom for you, but I really don't have anything.
I'm glad you got your stuff back!
I hope that you are still pressing charges, even if they are kids, they need to learn that there are consequences, and this will hopefully lead them down a better path as they grow to be adults.
As for today, better day, and a new day, and no reason why you can't celebrate your birth today.....
Happy birthday my friend :)

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Well - it sounds like it wasn't great - but could have been much worse. You didn't lose your job, the antagonist had to eat crow, and you ended up getting all your stolen goods back the same day. Considering how that day could have ended - you did ok - but just in case - Happy Birthday :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ahh well it could have been worse RustProffCorn....you could have been 46 or even 56!

Happy Birthday!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ahh well it could have been worse RustProffCorn....you could have been 46 or even 56!

Happy Birthday!

That's a good one Harry!!!:)

- Nick

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I give you credit for being, what appears to me, fairly calm. I'd be furious. At the very least, I'd be pushing that father to pay for the charger and for the sake of principle, I wouldn't drop it if he resists.

Regardless of what happened here, hope you have a better year - you got all the bad out of the way now if you want to look at this positively.

Reaction score
Wow, sounds like you had a really bad day, especially considering it was your birthday. Well let me wish you a better Bday next year. On the good side your luck has to get better.
Bill

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Holy Moly!!!

Well, now you know why folks should turn off automatic log in.
Agreed with 6string, I'd still be pressing charges unless I saw the Dad was really taking care of this in a serious way. Still wouldn't hurt to have the little brats hauled down to the police station for a little therapy.

And yeah man - Happy late Birthday - make up for yesterday.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
wow, sorry mate. for what its worth, happy birthday!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Happy Birthday!

What's so bad about being 46? :p

Anyway, that's one sucky day, and I'd have got the police involved anyway. As it is they are prime candidates for a mailed turd.

Look at it this way, today is another day, and it won't be as bad.
BTW, Why do you worry about where you are in life? Fate has led you to where you are, just roll with it.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Happy belated Birthday.

I agree with all the advice you have gotten (for the most part--not sure about pressing charges, though I definitely agree with the entire consequences argument).

One thing you might want to strongly consider (depending on your supervisor's personality) is to start looking for another, better, job. He (or she) is in a far better position than you to retaliate if that is their personality. In the long run it is hard to actually win by making your supervisor look bad to his boss, they can easily make life miserable for you (not trying to add to your sucky day) but something to consider.

FWIW an internal transfer to another department if that is an option could work just as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
happy bday man..mine was on the 3rd..almost same age too

glad you stayed as cool as you did..cause most people would have flipped

and glad to see all your stuff is back in one piece!

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
Hey thanks for all the replies guys. This thread is why I love coming here u can learn stuff and get some things of your chest and everyone is so careing about it :). The work stuff has blown over and I still think I'm looking at a promotion soon and I still don't have my contacts or emails back yet but mobile me is working on it. Thanks again friends.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
See, everything is turning around! Glad to hear that things are getting better.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
How did you know it was the children across the hall, if you don't mind me asking? Those children have issues, they probably need help honestly.

I'll make an attempt to compare my past worst birthday. When I was a kid on my birthday, I decided stick an M&M up my nose and it got stuck. During my party that took place at McDonald's, it finally had melted down the back of my throat.

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
I knew it was them because there kids and there kids friends are the only ones here during the day. And because my contacts got erased somewhere between 11:30 and 1:00 I new when it happend. After I acused them I would say maybe 30 to 45 minutes later they came out of there apartment with my mbp. Took longer to get my iPad back.

I do have a update on my MobileMe account my emails have been restored. They are still working on my contacts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
How did you know it was the children across the hall, if you don't mind me asking? Those children have issues, they probably need help honestly.

I'll make an attempt to compare my past worst birthday. When I was a kid on my birthday, I decided stick an M&M up my nose and it got stuck. During my party that took place at McDonald's, it finally had melted down the back of my throat.

I've been in a bad mood for the past hour or so, until I read that.. which made me laugh so hard that I nearly choked on my own saliva! I still can't stop laughing thinking about that scenario.

But hey, RustProof.. happy birthday man. And don't feel too bad about your age, I turned 39 this past February and still can't believe it. I'm glad you kept an even head and didn't lose your job, that's likely the most important part of all of this. As to the stealing.. those kids really do need to be taught a lesson! Likely that the father does too.

Doug

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
Update! I have officially received my emails and contacts back! The folks at mobile me are awesome.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Update! I have officially received my emails and contacts back! The folks at mobile me are awesome.

Congratulations. Sounds like it was REALLY a good idea to have "mobile me"!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.