One Printer Wont print

Reaction score
I have an hp printer over a network that is able to be added, connected to, has available drivers, and can be chosen from any application. However, when told to print, no icon appears and the que is empty with no errors. Everything seems legit and setup correctly, I even downloaded the drivers again and reinstalled with no luck. Not sure what else to do. Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Can you tell us the details like printer model and how it's connected to the network (built-in ethernet or wireless, or print server, or shared from a PC, or ???)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
You should be adding the printer in Print & Fax using IP > HP Jetdirect protocol, then entering the IP address, then selecting the model. That printer will also work with Generic postscript and generic laser PCL drivers.

Confirm the printer has an IP address in the same subnet as your router and Mac - eg. - router 192.168.0.1 and Mac 192.168.0.7, and printer 192.168.0.x.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your help. I was able to get it working finally. It ended up being fairly simple once you pointed me in the right direction. I went into terminal and the printer's configuration to determine that they were on the same subnet like you said. Though the printer is shown on the network through the print and fax I added it via its IP and then renamed it to what I wanted. Works just fine now!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.