Help - can't get the itunes program to install on my PC

Reaction score
I am all new to itunes and ipods, so bare with me here. I just downloaded the itunes software, and when i click the setup icon, it tells me:
"some installation files are corrupt. please download a fresh copy and retry the installation." I did re-try and keep getting the same message. anyone have this happen to them before or know what the problem may be?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Try restarting the computer. Also, this may sound silly, who knows, but try downloading it with a different browser.

W

wolf88

Something similar happened to me. At first it froze at the iPod advertisement (got past it somehow by uninstalling 4.9) and then it told me to reinstall after I launched it..

OP
N
Reaction score
Do you guys happen to know where i can download an earlier version of itunes? seems like a lot people are having problems with 5...i wouldn't mind using 4.9 or earlier b/c i won't use most of the features anyway.

Reaction score
nmr1279 said:
Do you guys happen to know where i can download an earlier version of itunes? seems like a lot people are having problems with 5...i wouldn't mind using 4.9 or earlier b/c i won't use most of the features anyway.

PM sent

OP
N
Reaction score
Reflow,

i am getting a different kind of corrupt message now...maybe i need to do something to my computer to get this to download.

Reflow said:
Email sent

Good Luck

Reaction score
nmr1279 said:
Reflow,

i am getting a different kind of corrupt message now...maybe i need to do something to my computer to get this to download.

Since this is on a pc. What I would do is run your antivirius software and try to installed it again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.