At times It Takes Safari A Longer Time to Open On My MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Two iMacs: 10.7.5 2010 Core i3, 8Gigs RAM, and a 10.7.5 2011 Core i7, 16 Gigs RAM with an SSD
I have a new MBP, running OS X 10.6.7. I use Safari as my Browser, v5.0.5. When I open Safari, it is configured to open to Yahoo's Homepage.

At times, it takes Safari longer to open to Yahoo's Homepage. I have a pretty fast connection at 20/5. I reset most of Safari every time I close it. It usually happens when I haven't opened the Browser for a while. Any ideas?

EDIT: Could it be because I have the Firewall turned on, and also have enabled Stealth Mode?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro retina 13" 8gb, 120ssd, i5 cpu, imac 8gb, 2.7ghz i5,1tb, iphone 5s 16gb. ipad 2 32gb
when you turn ur mac on from shutdown it will open up slower becuase it hasnt been opened but if you opening it after closing it then re opening it. it will open quicker because its running in the back ground

OP
pokermaniac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Two iMacs: 10.7.5 2010 Core i3, 8Gigs RAM, and a 10.7.5 2011 Core i7, 16 Gigs RAM with an SSD
Thanks...I just installed a Linksys E4200 Router, which is wired to my MBP, and the problem has seemed to go away. :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have a new MBP, running OS X 10.6.7. I use Safari as my Browser, v5.0.5. When I open Safari, it is configured to open to Yahoo's Homepage.

At times, it takes Safari longer to open to Yahoo's Homepage. I have a pretty fast connection at 20/5. I reset most of Safari every time I close it. It usually happens when I haven't opened the Browser for a while. Any ideas?

EDIT: Could it be because I have the Firewall turned on, and also have enabled Stealth Mode?

When this happens next time...listen closely to your computer where the hard drive is located. Sometimes when an application is launched (or launched shortly after the computer has been started up or rebooted)...you will hear the hard drive "working away". It's probably doing some sort of "house-keeping" or "automatic maintenance". It's best to wait until these HD sounds stop (and the hard drive is done "doing what it's doing")...then your computer should be as speedy as always.:)

- Nick

OP
pokermaniac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Nick....Sorry for the late reply, however I haven't looked at this thread in a while, and didn't opt to have email notifications for replies sent to me in the original post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.