loginwindow.app crashing MBP

Reaction score
I have a 2008 15" MPB, 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb ram, running 10.6.7. I've never had any issues with the computer crashing. earlier today my machine would restart after about 2 minutes. This happened repeatedly. It finally stayed on long enough without restarting that i was able to get the attached crash report. This this went on for about an hour, crashing a total of 20 times.

View attachment loginWindowCrashReport.txt

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The crash report is not helpful.

Run the Apple Hardware Test on your machine and let us know if it comes up with anything. Follow the instructions at this LINK.

Post back the results.

OP
C
Reaction score
The crash report is not helpful.

Run the Apple Hardware Test on your machine and let us know if it comes up with anything. Follow the instructions at this LINK.

Post back the results.

My initial thought was that is was a hardware issue but at the time I posted this I wasn't able to run the computer for longer than 2 minutes without it crashing, so running the hardware test wasn't an option for me.

I figured out how to boot in safe mode which was successful, and I'm currently running a backup of all of my important files. After that's complete I'll run the hardware test and post the results. Hopefully clearing all of the caches fixed my issue (it appears that it has). I'm just running Time Machine on my MBP , and posting this from another computer. So far no crashes. I have a feeling my repeated loginwindow.app crashes were caused by a 3rd party application I have installed.

Thank you for your quick response and I'll post the hardware test results.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.