ipod touch 4G; listening to and record'g radio?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3/10: Purchased an iMac 21.5" 3.06 GZ, 500 MB, 4 GB
I just got (8 gb) the above yesterday for Mother's Day - quite a surprise!! My boys are very busy and don't help much with the details, unfortunately, but they know I can usually find info on my own. I had previously been planning on buying another popular brand that has a blt-in FM tuner which would allow me to record sound from that onto the player, which I wanted. (I'm not gonna be one that buys tons of music from Itunes.) I see the Touch doesn't have a blt-in fm or radio and therefore have spent all day perusing Amazon, reading reviews re: 3rd party hardware that provides an fm receiver for the Touch. What I can't find out, however, is if I can easily record the music that I'm listening to at that moment if I so choose using one of those. And if so, would the qlty. be okay? I was down to about 3 models when I came across the existance of the "Tune-In Radio" app, avail. through the Apple store. It appears this plays 1000s of radio channels and the app is $1.00 or something. If this is true, can I record from it AND WHY would anyone pay for an fm receiver and have to plug it in (as I was planning on doing) when a $1 app would provide even more choices for fm AND am? Am I, a newbie, confused here? (Yes, prob. so.) In any event, what would the best (but least expensive) method be to listen to fm/am AND be able to "push a record" button whenever I wanted to using the Touch??? Thanks so much. Oh, and what is "jailbroken"? Is it like hacking? Could that help me???

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged/deleted duplicate threads. This would be the correct forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.