Added blu-ray now DVD not ejecting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 8 core,3.75Tb Hd's,16Gb Ram,2 Apple displays,OSX10.6.x
I just added a Blu-ray I got from OWC a Pioneer BDR-206DBK to my late 2008 Mac pro the 800 mhz bus one. The drive was to replace the Super drive installed by Apple. I had also added a Pioneer DVD 116D some time ago so I would had 2 drives; now I have the Blu-ray and the DVD burners installed. The Blu-ray is on the serial-ATA and the DVD is on ATA.
My problem now is that when I try to eject the DVD doing it the way I did before by using "option-eject" the blu-ray ejects; the Blu-ray also ejects when I use just the eject button. I cannot get the DVD to eject via the keyboard, so far the only way I have been able to do it is using Toast and selecting the DVD player. HELP PLEASE!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I found a solution or simple work around; I used the eject icon at the top of my monitor and this gives you a choice of ether burner to open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
To use the second drive also press Option and either the keyboard button or the Menu Bar icon.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That worked with 2 DVD burners both on the ATA bus but with the blu-ray on the S-ATA and the DVD on the ATA the short cut does not work.

Nice puppy there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.