windows on mac closed unexpectedly and does not open anymore

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27'' i5
Hello,
while using windows on my imac computer,
it shut down unexpectedly with a strange sound,
after that I tried many times to open on windows mode but it doesn't open correctly,only with safe function and everything is a mess ,when I select normal function a blue window appears which I can not read because it disappears immidiatelly.
Any suggestions? Has anyone experienced same problem?

Thanks!

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27'' i5
Also, has this nothing to do with Tuxera NTFS(on mac)? Because it's expired.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Since I have no idea what's going on with your Windows installation, the only recommendation I have is to either try to repair Windows or reinstall.

You didn't say which version of Windows you're running, but you should be able to search using Google to find out how to do a repair. It's different for the various versions so be sure to use the correct method.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27'' i5
I use windows 7 home premium, but finally it looks as if the problem occurred while I was trying to install avg (antivirus program) which has not been installed it correctly and in safe mode I get a message catastrophic error.
The windows partition starts only in safe mode where there's no much I can do.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Looks like a deletion of the Windows partition and a clean install of Windows 7 via Bootcamp. As a suggestion download and use Microsoft Security Essentials. It is a free program that updates quite easily.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27'' i5
Do you mean to download in mac,and run it in windows safe mode by an external disc,cause I have no internet access in safe mode.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No. Did you print the Bootcamp instructions? If so go to page 14 and see how to delete Windows and the Windows partition. Then start a fresh install of Bootcamp. When Windows 7 is up and running, then connect to the net and Google 'Microsoft Security Essentials', download and run.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27'' i5
Ok now I understand! I have instrunctions!
So, there isn't way not to delete windows and run it again I suppose.
Have you any idea if all of these running and deleting and running again cause problems to mac pc? Also,which edition of windows 7(home premium,ultimate or proffessional) is more appropriate for imac intel core i5?
Thanx a lot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Personal preference on a Mac Pro is Ultimate. Rock steady and fast. Erasing partitions and reinstalling Bootcamp should not detract from the operation of the hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Remember lolarennt hard drives are typical FREDs. Who can forecast when and if they will fail. What is a FRED? well the RED part stands for 'ridiculous electronic device' and leave it to your imagination to work out the 'F'.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27'' i5
Wow! I probably should already know that! Thanks anyway!:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.