Keyboard Chaos

Reaction score
Not sure how it happened, but I managed to toggle my default function hotkeys so they no longer perform as one would assume. For example, when I stroke F12 it triggers the dashboard rather than a volume increase. F11 has the same effect as four fingers sliding up on the trackpad. F8 triggers spaces. F1-7 doesn't trigger any action...you get the point. Is there anyone who knows how to fix this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open System Preferences, Keyboard, and reset everything to the original default function(s).

OP
M
Reaction score
Just tried that and nothing has changed, even after a reboot. I'll just take it in - thanks for the response, though; it's appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Before you take it in, try a PRAM-NVRAM reset.

Reaction score
And - the evil PRAM raises its ugly head yet again mua ha ha ha ha... Beware of the PRAM!

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.