MobileMe/Mail app help please!

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

My mail app has deleted everything, is now an nonfunctioning mail app. Also my MobileMe contract recently ran out, and i didn't renew it, but if i'm not mistaken that should not effect my local mail app should it?

It just seems that as mobileme has expired so has my mail app. My email address is apparently non existent (as i tried sending from another account and it was unrecognised)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Mail.app only provides a way to access the email service you have picked. If your mobileme subscription has expired, your email address is no longer available anywhere, including in Mail.app.

Choose a free email provider (I strongly recommend Gmail) or renew your mobileme subscription.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks Aptmunich.

Dam. Yes, I think I will get a free email provider next time. But must renew one more time with mobileme because i'm expecting some important emails. Argh.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.