need to update operating system

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4: Mac OSX 10.4.11:1.33 GHz PowerPC G4
i have os x 10.4.1 tiger. need an operating system update. was told i could update right to snow leopard. i guess u need an intel processor and i have a power pc processor. with this type of processor how do i update my system?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
You can not update to SL if you have a PPC.
The highest you can go is Leopard and those discs are not easy to come by. Try eBay, but be sure you get a Black retail disc and not a Grey disc. Grey are machine specific.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4: Mac OSX 10.4.11:1.33 GHz PowerPC G4
great thank u. is it possible to change a processor from ppc to intel?

Reaction score
is it possible to change a processor from ppc to intel?
Alas no. Due to the processor architecture being completely different, the main PCB (called the Logic Board on older Macs & more generally known as the Mother Board in newer Intel-based Macs) has to "talk" to it in a completely different way - there is no (& never will be an) Intel processor that is compatible with a PPC-based computer.

The only way to "change" is just to buy a whole new computer!

Well, you could gut-out the old case & rebuild the innards with newer hardware; but that itself would be a new computer, just with three times the cost & a hundred times the effort going into getting it! :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.