iPad update?

Reaction score
Hey,

Hope this is the right place!

I have really slow Internet at my house and am trying to do an IPad update to get it to the latest version.

I have not had a problem before updating (other than it taking over a day to complete!) but with this one, it says it has 'timed out'. I read I have to disable I firewall soni done that but after about 5minutes, it stops?

Is there a way around this? Can I do the update elsewhere and transfer it via memory stick? I'm running and iMac on Snow leopard so I can't really move the actual computer to a quicker location!

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Yes, you can download the update separately. Select your model and hit download. Transfer it back to your Mac and hold the Alt key when clicking on Restore. Browse to where the file is and then sit back and watch the magic happen.

iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I didn't realise it was that easy!?

May i ask how long it takes you to download an update? Just to compare and moan at my slow internet even more!

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Well it wouldn't be very nice since I have a very fast cable connection. 500-600MB file would probably take me a couple of minutes

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.