New Macbook Pro.. Kernel Panic??

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought my first mac yesterday (a 2011 i5 Macbook pro, 13"). I was playing around in Garageband for a while and all of sudden a message came up on the screen saying that i need to restart the computer by holding down the power button. After I restarted an error report came up asking if i want to send the report to apple. My MBP isn't connected to the internet yet so i couldn't send it to apple but i had a look at the report and it said something about a panic and then had multiple lines of code underneath. After that the macbook worked fine until earlier today when I went on Garageband again (I was recording myself singing with one of the loops), and the same thing happened to me again.
I'm a bit dissapointed that I've spent this much money on a computer and it has already crashed twice in a 24hr period. Is something wrong with my macbook? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi, I just bought my first mac yesterday (a 2011 i5 Macbook pro, 13"). I was playing around in Garageband for a while and all of sudden a message came up on the screen saying that i need to restart the computer by holding down the power button. After I restarted an error report came up asking if i want to send the report to apple. My MBP isn't connected to the internet yet so i couldn't send it to apple but i had a look at the report and it said something about a panic and then had multiple lines of code underneath. After that the macbook worked fine until earlier today when I went on Garageband again (I was recording myself singing with one of the loops), and the same thing happened to me again.
I'm a bit dissapointed that I've spent this much money on a computer and it has already crashed twice in a 24hr period. Is something wrong with my macbook? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kernel panics are usually a sign of faulty hardware, most typically the RAM. It can sometimes be caused by software that you may have installed that doesn't play well with the version of OS X you are running. If you haven't installed anything yourself yet, then I would just call Apple immediately rather than spending time trying to troubleshoot this. They should be willing to do an outright replacement since it's only 2 days old. Apple's track record is well above the industry average, but like anything else, some lemons do slip through.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I would definitely take it back if anything it will be noted that it has issues documentation is everything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.