add mac to samba

Reaction score
at my office, we have a file server(samba-debian) where we store our files..how can I get my mac book to access my files? If i can i have icon on my desktop would be nice.

thank you.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
From the Finder, click the Go menu and click "Connect to server". Then, type the name of the server/share and connect to it. If you've joined your Mac to the office workgroup, you should be able to browse for it.

Once you've connected it, an icon should pop up on your desktop. If you want to keep it there permanently, right-click the icon and choose "Make Alias". This way, the next time you disconnect, you can simply reconnect by double-clicking the Alias.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
at my office, we have a file server(samba-debian) where we store our files..how can I get my mac book to access my files? If i can i have icon on my desktop would be nice.

thank you.
In case you don't know, you might have to put smb:// in front of the address of your server in the "connect to server" dialog.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.