Enthusiasts get carried away (Nano)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yeah, the super fanboys and rumor hounds always make me chuckle. :black:
Still, some of the stuff they come up with does look pretty cool.

OP
J

Jonster

the first one is nifty, but not realistic, nor would it be comfortable or price savey. the second i can actually see coming out. everything is pretty realistic. the only thing that's a little funky is the touch sensative screen. would be a nice idea, but ... never know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
The best thing is that stuff was created before the actual iPod nano was released, or even known about :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
What does everybody think of the phone? I have to say, as an Apple fanatic, I'm quite underwhelmed. Hey, it's a phone, and it plays music... Hardly revolutionary, and doesn't float my boat!

Maybe all will become clear when I get to play with one, after all, there were plenty of HDD MP3 players before the iPod came out, and it was still groundbreaking.

OP
B

badmojo

thermidor said:
What does everybody think of the phone? I have to say, as an Apple fanatic, I'm quite underwhelmed. Hey, it's a phone, and it plays music... Hardly revolutionary, and doesn't float my boat!

Maybe all will become clear when I get to play with one, after all, there were plenty of HDD MP3 players before the iPod came out, and it was still groundbreaking.

Yea, I wasn't that impressed either. 100 songs is not enough to make me shell out the moolah for it. The design is probably all Motorola's, and unlikely influenced by Apple very much.

OP
J

Jonster

i'm just sick of stupid things being added to phones. videos, cameras, and now music. wow. might as well just get a pda that makes calls. it's pretty much useless if you ask me.

OP
S

sursuciofla

Yeah second one is nice but how can you scroll effectively? I mean how can you even see what you are scrolling with your thumb covering the screen? Now that's a nice idea but not practical to me at all. Touch Wheel would still need to be below the screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
They already have a PDA that makes calls... it's called Blackberry and you want one... you want one... you want one... you want one... you want one...

;-)

(heck no, I don't have one!)

OP
J

Jonster

sevenhelmet said:
They already have a PDA that makes calls... it's called Blackberry and you want one... you want one... you want one... you want one... you want one...

;-)

(heck no, I don't have one!)

wow. what's the point? i know if you really need it, great, but i don't see the point. i want my cellphone to make calls. that's it. i don't need a camera, videocamera, mp3 player, game system, etc. in it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
My thoughts exactly... I never saw the point either

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.