Mac-windows lan network

Reaction score
O.K i'm not massively computer literate soooooo

I recently moved into a share house and the two other flatmate have computers that run windows. At my old house I just used wireless for the internet but now its connected to an ethernet connection?? (is that right term, you plug that thing into the side of the macbook).

so they have a network going where they can share things but how do i connect to them and share files and stuff.

can someone point me in the right direction. i also downloaded this thing called sharity because i saw on another site that you might be able to use that, except i dont know what to do with it now.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you sure you wish to share your files and so forth with your new room mates? If you do, go to the Mac Connect Web Site and download their tutorial on how to setup your Mac for sharing with Windows machines.

Go to this LINK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.