How much would you sell/buy this iMac for...

Reaction score
Im looking to sell my iMac and looking for some feedback on how much I should sell it for and what would be a fair deal. I bought it from Apple almost 2 years ago. Its in excellent condition and will be sold with the OSX 10.5 installation disk and comes with a wireless mouse and keyboard. Here are the specs...

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Type: Display
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Thanks!!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Check out:

1. Mac2Sell.net for a "ballpark" estimate.
2. Check out e-Bay for models & specs. similar to your computer.

Other than this...it basically depends on who's interested in it at the time you're selling it...and how much money they have.

Good luck,

- Nick

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks Nick,

That site mac2sell.net worked great and gave me a good estimate.

I looked on ebay previously but it didn't provide much comparison.

Thanks Again

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Nick,

That site mac2sell.net worked great and gave me a good estimate.

I looked on ebay previously but it didn't provide much comparison.

Thanks Again

Great that the Mac2Sell website helped. As far as e-Bay. The best you can do is find some auctions selling systems like your's (similar specs)..."bookmark" the auctions...then check back when they end to see what they sold for.

Of course e-Bay prices really only work for e-Bay (larger audience). If you try to take e-Bay prices, and then sell something on your local Craig's List...it may not sell (smaller audience).

Good luck if you decide to sell.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Moved to Spain in 2000 after enforced early retire
Your Mac's Specs
iMac24,iMac27,iMac21.5-i3,iPhone4-32gb,iTouch3.32gb,iPad1,Apple TV,iPodClassic160gbx2
Im looking to sell my iMac and looking for some feedback on how much I should sell it for and what would be a fair deal. I bought it from Apple almost 2 years ago. Its in excellent condition and will be sold with the OSX 10.5 installation disk and comes with a wireless mouse and keyboard. Here are the specs...

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Type: Display
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Thanks!!

It would help - if you gave how much the original set-up cost you.

You lot in the States don't realise HOW LUCKY you are !

In Europe, we have to pay in Euro's or GBP - the SAME price you pay in $$$ for our Macs...

With the exchange rates etc - you lot often can buy yours for HALF if not 2/3 the price we pay here.....:\

No wonder Amazon.com won't sell me one - although they will deliver a new unlocked white iPhone 4....O:)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It would help - if you gave how much the original set-up cost you.

You lot in the States don't realise HOW LUCKY you are !

In Europe, we have to pay in Euro's or GBP - the SAME price you pay in $$$ for our Macs...

With the exchange rates etc - you lot often can buy yours for HALF if not 2/3 the price we pay here.....:\

No wonder Amazon.com won't sell me one - although they will deliver a new unlocked white iPhone 4....O:)

Knowing the original posters initial "set-up cost" is actually not important at all! Whatever it cost new has no real bearing on what it is worth now used. It's worth what it's worth based on:

- it's specifications
- it's condition
- how old it is (performance & features compared to newer Mac's)

I have a Macintosh computer from 1990 that originally cost $10,000-$12,000...I got it for free!

It also doesn't matter whether the OP paid in $$$, £££, or €€€. If the computer is being sold in the same country where it was purchased...then dollars are dollars, pounds are pounds, and euros are euros.

- Nick

p.s. What Macintosh computers cost in the United States versus other countries...and what is factored into that cost (import taxes, VAT, sales taxes, etc.) is a COMPLETELY different discussion!:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac24,iMac27,iMac21.5-i3,iPhone4-32gb,iTouch3.32gb,iPad1,Apple TV,iPodClassic160gbx2
Pigoo said -
" p.s. What Macintosh computers cost in the United States versus other countries...and what is factored into that cost (import taxes, VAT, sales taxes, etc.) is a COMPLETELY different discussion! "

OK - Why don't we have it ?!

It amuses / annoys me how the money-minded Americans - with Respect - often go on about value for money and how 'Apples are soo expensive etc '...

When - you manage to get them at a darned cheaper price than anybody else!!

It's NOT as if they were - 'made in the U.S. of A. ' - is it ?
:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Knowing the original posters initial "set-up cost" is actually not important at all! Whatever it cost new has no real bearing on what it is worth now used. It's worth what it's worth based on:

- it's specifications
- it's condition
- how old it is (performance & features compared to newer Mac's)

I have a Macintosh computer from 1990 that originally cost $10,000-$12,000...I got it for free!

It also doesn't matter whether the OP paid in $$$, £££, or €€€. If the computer is being sold in the same country where it was purchased...then dollars are dollars, pounds are pounds, and euros are euros.
- Nick

OK Nick - I am thinking of selling a 24 month old iMac 24" to a good friend.
It has OS X / iPhoto Upgrades / iLife / 640 gb internal hard drive.

How much - by your calculations - is it worth today ?
:|
P.S It is a European model.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pigoo said -
" p.s. What Macintosh computers cost in the United States versus other countries...and what is factored into that cost (import taxes, VAT, sales taxes, etc.) is a COMPLETELY different discussion! "

OK - Why don't we have it ?!

It amuses / annoys me how the money-minded Americans - with Respect - often go on about value for money and how 'Apples are soo expensive etc '...

When - you manage to get them at a darned cheaper price than anybody else!!

It's NOT as if they were - 'made in the U.S. of A. ' - is it ?
:p

If this is a topic you're interested in...I suggest you start a new thread...and don't hijack this one!

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK Nick - I am thinking of selling a 24 month old iMac 24" to a good friend.
It has OS X / iPhoto Upgrades / iLife / 640 gb internal hard drive.

How much - by your calculations - is it worth today ?
:|
P.S It is a European model.

I'm going to suggest the same advice as as I mentioned to the OP of this thread:

- check Mac2sell.net to get a ballpark value (use the country that makes most sense).
- check e-Bay prices (e-Bay for the country that makes most sense for you) for computers with the same specs as yours...and see what they sell for.

HTH,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.