Urgent Help! iPhone 3GS stuck on apple logo, Restart and DFU mode not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 2 16GB WiFi (White), MacBook Pro, iPhone 3GS 16GB (White), iPod Nano (Orange), [MacBook]
Please help, I turned my iPhone off, went to turn it back on and it was stuck on the apple logo. No big deal I thought, but a loading circle appeared behind/on the apple logo, something I had not seen happen before. I attempted to restart (home + on/off), it goes black for a second (or stays off) and then the apple logo appears again for a while, followed by the loading circle shortly after. I'm stuck in an endless loop.

I have tried "hold down both for 10 seconds, plug into itunes, keep holding home". Trust me, it isn't working. There must be some other way to get out of this?

It is an iPhone 3GS 16GB.

Reaction score
Try plugging it into the computer first, hold down both for 10 secs and then release power. It should force it into DFU mode so you can restore.

I've seen the Apple + frozen loading circle before when I reset all settings and the thing got stuck like that afterwards...

OP
Overtino
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 2 16GB WiFi (White), MacBook Pro, iPhone 3GS 16GB (White), iPod Nano (Orange), [MacBook]
Tried it over and over again. Not working, just goes back to the apple logo, then soon the loading circle appears again!! disaster.

EDIT: Tried it one last time... and it worked!!! so random, I have tried it 100+ times already and finally it's worked! Thanks!! :D

For anyone with the same problem, my 'trick' was to leave it on charge over night before attempting it again in hope it would hold enough power to reboot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.