dropbox and app preferences

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
800 mhz iBook G4- 12"
hi all...i use two machines (a MBA and MBP) i use often in a given week. I was wondering if there was a way to have common applications share a common place for plists, etc. i am thinking Dropbox is a great place for this sort of organization.

For example, i use Quicksilver for all sorts of tasks. I have some common triggers i use, but i find myself having to recreate them from machine to machine. I know that this app's prefs are held in ~/Library/Application\ Support/Quicksilver.... Is there anyway i can set this location to my dropbox. Or is this app specific? Both machines use the same username, so the paths "should" be the same. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You could use a symlink to place your pref files in your Dropbox. Some apps have built-in support for storing your files in other locations, I use it with LittleSnapper, Things, VoodooPad and 1Password.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.