Drag and drop to windows machine over network?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15"
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but it seemed to be related. I'm sure it's a topic that has been beaten to death, but I can't seem to find an answer to my problem. I am wanting to move some files from my MBP over to our old Dell running Win XP. I can browse files on the Win machine, but it can't access my MBP. On my Mac I can also browse what ever I want, and copy files from the Win to my Mac but I cannot put files onto the Win machine. I wanted to back up some photos, music, other files and stuff. I figured this would be an easy way of having access to them rather than digging through dvd's full of crap. Is there something I'm not doing right or is this impossible to do? Thanks!

Oh- my Mac is running Leopard 10.5.8 and Dell is running Win XP SP 2.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check out the "Mac Connect" site and look over their tutorials. They have a good one on file sharing between your Mac and a PC.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15"
I checked that site out and it did confirm that I have everything set right I guess. I still can't get it to work. I guess it just isn't meant to be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.