help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
I have a irritating problem with my ipad. it might be yours as well but does anyone know if there is a way to stop album art from going fullscreen while playing music. I'd like the ipod app to actually function like itunes and just keep the art work in the bottom left corner....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
When the music is playing, touch the screen. At the bottom right is an icon that will show the playlist, no album art. At the bottom left is an icon that will take you back to the iPod app and it looks almost exactly like iTunes.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I don't have my iPad yet, but on the iPhone when playing music if I were to hold it length wise (landscape) it switches to coverflow but holding it tall (portrait) it puts the album art in the background and gives me the controls..

Is that what you're talking about on the iPad? Either way, there is not really much you change with how things are displayed anyway..

Regards

OP
p3ezi(moto)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thats the irritating part. I just dont want it to pop up.

OP
p3ezi(moto)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't have my iPad yet, but on the iPhone when playing music if I were to hold it length wise (landscape) it switches to coverflow but holding it tall (portrait) it puts the album art in the background and gives me the controls..

Is that what you're talking about on the iPad? Either way, there is not really much you change with how things are displayed anyway..

Regards

I have the iphone as well but I keep the orientation locked. I guess i'll have to deal with it. on the ipad, when you click on a song it zooms into the album art. then you have to press the screen to get the controls to show and then you have to press back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Do the the pinch to zoom gesture (pinch in) on the album art, and presto! The album art will be back in the left bottom corner and it will look like iTunes.

Unfortunately though, if you would like to shuffle, set repeat or what have you you'll have to go back to the full screen album art and select them from there.

Cheers,

Mina

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
thats the irritating part. I just dont want it to pop up.

Unfortunately, that's the default action and Apple doesn't provide a way to change it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.