Screen is Dark

Reaction score
I can still see the screen but it dark. Everything else is functioning properly. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Assuming it stays dark even on booting up… defective graphics card, defective monitor, or the monitor is not plugged in/turned on.

OP
R
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't explain that very well. The screen looks like it does when you are not actively using the computer but you are not away long enough for the screen saver to come on. I am using the computer. It looks like all you need to do is move the mouse and the screen will be bright but that doesn't happen when I move it. Could the mouse be defective? It still works except for that function.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
Sorry I didn't explain that very well. The screen looks like it does when you are not actively using the computer but you are not away long enough for the screen saver to come on. I am using the computer. It looks like all you need to do is move the mouse and the screen will be bright but that doesn't happen when I move it. Could the mouse be defective? It still works except for that function.

Thanks.

Sounds like you may just need to go in to "Display" options inside System Preferences and adjust brightness settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Sounds like you may just need to go in to "Display" options inside System Preferences and adjust brightness settings.

Ditto on that. The F1-F2 keys also control that function.

BTW… does the screen actually get even darker when left along long enough?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.