height of 27 inch apple LED display WITHOUT stand

J

jogdial

Hi,

I have a desk that's build into a wall of cupboard in my office and it folds up. It has a limited appature - I think a 27 inch display without the foot might just fit... but I can't find any measurements without the foot. Can some kind soul please measure the exact height of their 27 inch display to the nearest mm? It's going to be tight but I really really!!! want this to fit!

Thanks for your time and patience...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I can measure mine when I get home.....

Are you going to wall mount it?

You need to be sure you are going to leave ventilation room. The base edge of the iMac is where the speakers and air intakes are so it's not an option to rest it on it's flat on the edge.
The air out vent is a slot that near the top rear edge that runs the near full length of the iMac so that'll need room above too.

OP
J

jogdial

yes, would appreciate the measurements, been out of touch all wknd, so just saw this...

I am going to wall mount it with a VESA mount, but saying that the recess that it will fit in is going to be very tight above and below...

Saying that, I am hoping to get a wall mount so that I can pull it out of it's recess and tilt it up a bit which will then give breathing room below. The recess is quite deep and wide so air will easily circulate behind it and it's actually just a shelf about it so I an also add some vents to that... below and regarding the speakers, dunno, but the measurements would help me decide. It will pretty much be permanently pulled out of the recess... It's a fold up desk, but it has never been folded up since the day it was installed - kind of a stupid idea in the first place but wife saw it in a magazine and now I'm stuck with it!

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's 449mm high

OP
J

jogdial

Thx ,appreciate the effort, that's way too big -glad I asked. Thanks again will have to start searching for something smaller! Any advice on something good quality and less than 40 cm total height appreciated!

Reaction score
How about a 24" Cinema Display? You can still get them factory sealed on ebay relatively inexpensive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.