Tethering an iPhone 3GS to an iPad 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 2 16GB WiFi (White), MacBook Pro, iPhone 3GS 16GB (White), iPod Nano (Orange), [MacBook]
Okay, my first ever post so sorry if it is in the wrong place or anything like that.

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS and my iPad 2 WiFi is due to arrive in a few days. How can I tether my 3GS to my iPad 2? I've been trying to set it up for a few days now to no avail.

I have got the MyWi app, but can't get it working (I don't have a Rock ID and sign up seems to have closed), so I can't use that app. Is there an alternative?

I have even attempted to find out if I can do it legally through O2, but the tethering page on their site has disappeared.

I would rather tether for free due to already having unlimited 3G usage on my iPhone.

There was something else I tried which involved going on a website on the iphone and installing a 'Profile' but it didn't seem to work...

Surely it must be possible? Thanks all :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.