Favorite Apple II games?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
cmon guys, remember the old MECC games you had to flip over to finish?

My fav:

Odell Lake
Oregon Trail
EZ Logo
Some Zbug game where i kept crashing the little idiot into the moon (horrible at math since 1st grade)

we didnt get to play anything NON educational other than odell and oregon

i was in gradeschool when we had these. everyone else was on OS7+ our school ran apple II/e til 1996

how about you guys? and hasnt tech TV done an Icons for oregon trail?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I remember playing Zork on the Apple II, but that is about the only one I really played.
I remember I wrote a Zork-styled game in BASIC while I was in school.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
I was about 0-6 years old when we had our apple 2/c, but I remember space quarks, it was similar to galaga, and lemonade stand, where you would set up a virtual lemonade stand and try to make money with it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
i remember lemonade stand!

there was another one, it was about a maze, where you could take muddy boots, a map, stirng, etc..

didnt the lemonade stand let you sell plants/apples too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Mystery House, dude. Awesome game.

I'm showing my age here, but one of my friends got kicked out of our college computer lab for playing it on one of their Apple IIe machines.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Castle Wolfenstein

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
id love to play the apple II version of wolfenstein. I have it for DOS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
i think it was an apple II/c my neighbors had. we played Loderunner and some sort of helicopter rescue game.........green screen and all. didn't the commodore 64 also run some of the same games? or am i way off kilter here? :biohazard

B

Biturbo V12 AMG

all i rem as a kid was playing the game with the battle ship and plane bombing stuff.. i got really mad a few years ago when my mom donated the 2c. i had a ton of stuff for it and it still worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
puyou puyo and marathon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
scooter said:
i think it was an apple II/c my neighbors had. we played Loderunner and some sort of helicopter rescue game.........green screen and all. didn't the commodore 64 also run some of the same games? or am i way off kilter here? :biohazard

I had a C64 (awesome machine) and while some of the same games were available for both platforms, the software was platform-specific. You couldn't run an Apple game on a C64, for example.

(Even cooler was the Commodore PET my employer at time used for inventory control.)

M

Merlinblack

oregon trail is one I remember from elementary school (Grade 4 to be exact).

Also a game where you had a math problem at the bottom and you had to move your character to the correct answer and "Munch" it. I can't remember the actual name of the game but I remember playing it over and over again.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
i thin your thinking of math tactics, you had to get hte problem right and the little robot would move

the muncher thing was number/word munchers...wut with the troggle and wutnot

Reaction score
i remember lemonade stand!

there was another one, it was about a maze, where you could take muddy boots, a map, stirng, etc..

didnt the lemonade stand let you sell plants/apples too?

I know this is an ancient thread, but I remember that game where you sell plants and fruits! I'm not sure if it was Lemonade Stand. I do remember that when you sell stuff, this long arm would reach out across the screen and grab the plants/fruits. I've been trying to find the name of it so please tell me if anyone knows!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.